As the design world evolves, the newest trend taking over is curvy furniture and decor. The return of the curve is a nod to the past, with inspiration from the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements. Curvy furniture is known for its smooth lines, organic shapes, and soft edges that create a sense of calm and comfort in any space. This article will discuss where to find this type of furniture, and how to style it in your home.
Where to Find Curvy Furniture & Decor
Curvy furniture is now widely available in both physical and online stores. There are a plethora of options available, from large furniture pieces such as couches and chairs, to smaller decor items such as mirrors and vases. Here are a few options for finding the perfect furniture piece for your home:
- Online Retailers – With the ease of online shopping, many retailers such as Wayfair, CB2, American Furnishings Dublin, and West Elm offer an array of curvy furniture pieces that can be purchased from the comfort of your own home.
- Vintage Stores – For a unique find, try visiting vintage and antique stores in your area. Pieces from the Art Deco and Art Nouveau movements can often be found in these types of stores.
- Local Artisans – Check out local artisans and craftsmen who specialize in creating unique furniture pieces. They can often customize pieces to your liking, providing you with a one-of-a-kind piece for your home.
- High-End Furniture Retailers – If you’re willing to spend a bit more, high-end furniture retailers such as Restoration Hardware, Arhaus, and Room & Board offer high-quality curvy furniture options.
- Department Stores – Department stores such as Macy’s and Nordstrom often carry furniture collections that include curvy pieces.
Styling Curvy Furniture & Decor
Now that you’ve found the perfect curvy furniture piece, it’s time to style it in your home. Here are a few tips to help you style your curvy furniture and decor in a way that is both functional and beautiful:
- Mix and Match – Pair curvy furniture pieces with straight lines to create a sense of balance in your space. For example, if you have a curvy couch, pair it with a straight-lined coffee table or rug.
- Color Palette – Curvy furniture can be paired with a variety of colors, but soft and muted tones tend to work best. Try pairing a soft pink velvet curvy chair with neutral-toned walls to create a soft and elegant look.
- Textures – Incorporate different textures to create visual interest. Pair a curvy leather chair with a soft, fluffy rug for contrast.
- Statement Pieces – Use curvy furniture as a statement piece in your space. A bold curved headboard or a unique curvy mirror can make a big impact in a room.
- Layering – Layering curvy pieces together can create a cohesive look in a space. Try pairing a curvy couch with a curvy side table and a round mirror to tie the look together.
7 Curvy Furniture & Decor Products to Consider:
- Curvy Sofa – A curvy sofa is the perfect statement piece for your living room. Pair it with straight-lined furniture to create balance.
- Round Mirror – A round mirror adds a soft touch to any space. Pair it with a curvy side table or dresser for a cohesive look.
- Curvy Headboard – A curvy headboard adds elegance to any bedroom. Pair it with neutral toned bedding for a soft look.
- Curvy Chair – A curvy chair is a great way to incorporate the trend into your space. Pair it with a straight-lined coffee table